Ipsy Review: October 2015
October's "Alter-Ego" themed bag was as gold as sunlight and brought some new products to brighten my life.
1. MicaBeauty Ipsy exclusive Cream Eyeshadow in Bronze ($14.95) While I loved this color, I would have appreciated a Bronze shadow a lot more in summer months (when I still had a little bit of a tan). I've used MicaBeauty products in the past and have found their products have serious staying power. The cream formula is easy to spread across the lid and this shade is perfect for adding a little depth to my crease.
2. theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick ($17) I have tried a lot of lip products that claim to be long-lasting, but MAN! this one lives up to the hype. The dark color (I received the Committed shade) and matte look felt so perfect for fall. I'd suggest using a lip brush like this to ensure you line your lips well.
3. Beauty Without Cruelty Fragrance Free Hand and Body Lotion ($11.95) Not only do I love what this cosmetic company stands for, but their natural products kick butt! This lotion has rich shea butter, jojoba and kukui nut oil, aloe vera and their site suggests adding your favorite essential oils to make it your own. With the weather getting colder and colder, this lotion was exactly what my dry skin needed.
4. Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum ($23.99) I'm always happy to try new face serums. If it can make my skin feel softer and look brighter, I'm instantly sold. While this product did just that, I recommend using it after you've washed your face and are ready for bed. Since it feels a little oily, this serum isn't ideal for going underneath makeup.
5. pur~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF30 ($32) I feel like BB creams can be essential to a natural makeup look because you only need to use a little bit to get a lot of coverage. Sadly, this formula was too dark for my skin tone and I had a hard time blending it into my neck evenly.
One of the best benefits of using Ipsy is earning points to get free products! I used some of my points last month to get TEMPTU's S/B Highlighter in Champagne Shimmer ($27.50). While I prefer powder highlighters to liquids, this formula gave my cheekbones an effortless shine.