Ipsy Review: August 2015
For those who don't know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty products subscription service that I've been a member of since May 2014. Each month I receive 4-5 product samples based on a quiz every member takes when they create their profile. Based on my answers to the short list of questions like, "What is your skin tone/eye color/hair color?" and "What type of products do you use the most?" Ipsy sends me samples ranging from nail polish, eye liner and lotions.
August 2015's bag was Prep School themed hence the Houndstooth pattern.
My bag included:
1. Jesse's Girl Eye Shadow Primer ($5.99) I received a Jesse's Girl eye liner in a previous bag and really enjoyed it, so I was looking forward to trying the primer. While the primer did help my shadow last longer, I felt like it made my eye shadow harder to blend. It almost felt like it was too sticky. Overall, this wouldn't be my go to primer.
2. Doucee Ultra Precision Eye Liner ($22) Nine times out of ten, I use liquid eyeliner over pens or gels. However, this eye liner glides on very smoothly and stays in place all day. It helped draw attention to my eyes with a more natural look than my usual sharp, winged liner.
3. Briogeo Blossom & Bloom ™ Ginseng + Biotin Volumizer ($18) I love getting hair products from Ipsy. I tried this product and did see my hair was fuller and shiny. Unfortunately, I tend to straighten my hair to combat its natural thickness, so I don't see myself using this product frequently.
4. Hikari Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Merlot ($13) I had heard of Hikari through my friend Gillian, because she had tried their products through Ispy in previous months. I used this as both a gloss and as a stain because once the gloss had worn off, my lips were left with a beautiful berry shade a la Rosie Huntington Whiteley.
5. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Elegantly Wasted ($15) I loved this polish! The color was a great match for my skin tone and hair color. I used two coats of the Trust Fund Beauty polish and a clear coat from Sally Hansen and my nails look like I paid to have them done.
I used all of the products from my August bag to create this look before heading out to run errands on Saturday.
Keep an eye out for my September review next month!