Mother's Day Gift Guide
In case you're in need a reminder, Mother's Day is May 8th. (Less than two weeks away!) Why not give your Mom/Stepmom/Grandma/Sister/whoever something she she can put to good use? However, I know that depending on the person and your budget, you may not want to break the bank. So I put together a few gift ideas for your motherly maven that are sure to wow her for more or less than $50.
Marimekko for Target Kukkatori Print Scarf: ($16.99) Dress Mom in spring florals with this funky scarf from Finnish fashion company, Marimekko. This scarf's bright pattern is a "true hallmark of Finnish design" that would make the perfect addition to a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
- Cravings by Chrissy Teigen: ($14.99) Gorgeous supermodel and overall flawless human being, Chrissy Teigen released her cookbook Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat in February of 2016. Since then, it has sat at the top of The New York Times Best Sellers list and won the hearts of foodies everywhere.
- Julep "Hello, Spring!" Gift Set: ($50) Seattle based beauty company, Julep, encourages women to live their life to fullest by embracing brave pretty, "because pretty shouldn’t be something we define for you. It’s whatever you choose to show us." (LOVE that!) Beyond spreading a positive message for women, Julep provides a variety of quality products from nail polish to lotions. The "Hello, Spring!" set is perfect for updating Mom's beauty routine because it includes a highlighter, lipstick and two nail polish colors.
- Picnic Time Wine Country Tote: ($48.95) With warm summer months on the way, what better way to enjoy sunshine and the ones you love than with a delicious picnic? This insulated two-bottle wine tote has plenty of room for cheese, fruit, crackers and more! A hardwood cheese board and a stainless steel cheese knife are included, so no need to pack additional utensils.
- S'Well Stainless Steel Water Bottle in Sparkling Champagne and Bikini Pink: ($25-$45) It seems like common sense, but drinking water is really good for you. Yet, nearly one in 10 Americans drinks no water every day. Help your friends and family stay healthy while supporting a company that donates a portion of the proceeds to UNICEF to help provide clean drinking water to children around the world!
$50 and Up
- 14k-Gold Fill Initial Mini Heart Pendant Necklace: ($60.00) Minimal and delicate jewelry pieces are ideal for a simple, everyday look. In addition to be incredibly cute, this small and personalized pendant is crafted in nearby Bend, Oregon. This is the perfect opportunity to treat yourself to a necklace with your own initial in order to step up the cute factor and turn them into friendship-style necklaces for you and mom.
- Calvin Klein "Pearla" Wedge Sandal: ($98.95) I'm in desperate need of new sandals that I can wear to work and out-and-about in the Seattle heat. The Pearla wedge provides a little lift through the cork-detailed heel with gel pods so your mother dearest won't have to sacrifice style for comfort.
- Schwinn Ladies Legacy 24" Cruiser Bike: ($104) I love the look of this cruiser! Just looking at it makes me imagine afternoon bike rides around town. Not to mention, it's a fun and stylish way to break a sweat.
- Fitbit "Alta" Wireless Fitness Tracker: ($129.95) This isn't your mother's pedometer! The Alta tracker records your steps, activity time, calories burned and can even display your caller ID and text messages. The bands for this specific type of Fitbit come in four different colors (black, blue, purple and teal) so you can pick just the right one to match her style.
- Kate Spade Cedar Street Small Hayden Top-Handle Bag: ($269.28) A strong, structured bag is a must for 2016. I chose this bag from Kate Spade because it is just big enough to hold all of the essentials, but small enough that it's easy to throw over your shoulder and hit the town. Plus Amazon sells it in SEVENTEEN different colors!
- Le Creuset Signature Oval French Oven: ($179.96) I'm still a culinary newbie, but I know that Le Creuset is one of the must-have kitchenware brands. This French Oven is true to its name because each one is handcrafted at the Le Creuset foundry in northern France. The best part? You know she'll be able to get the most out of this oven, thanks to the lifetime warranty.
- NutriBullet Pro: ($99.99) Nic and I were lucky enough to receive a NutriBullet for Christmas this year and we are OBSESSED with it! With a 900-watt motor, this bullet can quickly blend everything you throw its way– we use it for green smoothies almost daily. But for Mother's Day, I'd recommend blending up some strawberry mango margaritas instead!