Ipsy Review: May 2016
May's Ipsy bag was filled with beauty essentials. From a mascara (my makeup must-have) to a bronzer and brush, this bag had something for everyone.
1. Épicé International Hydrating Mask: ($12.50) This hydrating mask was easy to apply and didn't dry out or crack on my skin. The formula uses Kaolin Clay to absorb unwanted oil and remove dead skin, without stripping its natural moisture. This is a great mask for anyone looking for a fresh face!
2. Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara: ($22) Smashbox has a great reputation in the beauty community, and this mascara lives up to the hype. I was able to build volume and add length, without pesky clumps. Since the summer heat is on its way, this mascara's smudge-proof, fiber-loaded formula is perfect to survive any BBQ or outdoor wedding.
3. Hikari Cosmetics Shimmer Bronzer: ($17) Nothing says spring beauty like a subtle tan look. I achieved a warm bronze look thanks to this product and the small contour brush. I don't use blush in my day-today makeup, but this compact has a blush/bronze combo that could help you reduce your routine from two steps to one.
4. Slmissglam Small Contour W07 Brush: (N/A) I used this brush to contour my cheeks, nose and forehead with the Hikari Shimmer Bronzer. It helped me spread an even and light amount of color with just a few swipes across my face. From the looks of Slmissglam's site, they have a ton of brushes I'd love to check out.
5. Crazy Rumors HibisKiss Natural Lip Color in Coral: ($4.99) I hadn't ever heard of Crazy Rumors, but really enjoyed the vibrant, floral packaging. This Natural, Cruelty Free and Vegan lip balm left my lips with a subtle coloring and just the right amount of moisture. However, I could have lived without the little bits of shimmer in it.
Want to start receiving Ipsy bags of your own? Visit this link to get four to five beauty products and a makeup bag each month.