Ipsy Review: July 2016
Each month I so look forward to receiving my Ipsy bag and I feel like they've really nailed down the types of products that I like best. So what did I love (or not love) in my July Glam Bag? These are the highs and lows:
1. bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Swag ($18) bareMinerals set out to redefine "nude" lipstick with their Gen Nude lipcolor collection. It consists of 60 different shades in 4 different finishes, so everyone can find the perfect nude for them. Ipsy did a spot on job when picking my shade because this liquid lipstick was a perfect nude for my fair skintone. The formula is smooth and consistent making it great for an everyday lip.
2. Mellow Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Plum ($8) This was one of the products I was so-so on. I loved the rich, red color with my dark brows and summer glow. The price is really affordable, but compared to the Urban Decay shadow I got in my June Glam Bag, this shadow wasn't as dependable. It didn't blend as easily and wore off before lunchtime. If you're planning on using this brand, I'd recommend using a primer to ensure you get a long-lasting look.
3. Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask ($68) Between my daily makeup and the increase in sun damage to my skin recently, the arrival of this mask couldn't have been more timely. When I tried it, I applied a light layer on my cheeks, forehead, and jaw, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Once the time was up, I used warm water to wash off the mask, leaving my skin fresh and new. I about fell out of my chair when I saw the price tag, but considering you only need a light layer of this mask, I can see how users could really get their money's worth.
4. skyn ICELAND the ANTIDOTE Cooling Daily Lotion ($45) Like the crisp breeze blowing off the Gígjökull glacier, this moisturizer leaves your skin feeling fresh and cool. The combination of using this on my face after trying the antioxidant mask helped tighten my skin and even out my slightly red complexion. A warning for my readers: While I didn't experience this, some reviews mentioned this formula causing breakouts. My advice is to use a light layer on a clean face to avoid trapping any dirt or clogging your pores.
5. Luxie Beauty Luxie Rose Gold Small Angle Eye Brush 215 ($10) What makeup addict doesn't want more brushes? This small angle brush is just the right size for assisting with my cat eye or filling in my bold brows. The synthetic bristles are soft but strong enough to assist with almost any part of your face.